Friday, July 22, 2011

Vegetable Zucchini Muffins




I was blessed to have some zucchini's left over from the last trip I made to the grocery store about 10 days ago and since I had been craving some muffins lately, I made some vegetable zucchini muffins. 


They were very moist and creamy...plus they were yummy too.


Here is my recipe:

2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar

2 med. size zucchini or 1 large one
(Grated finely)

2 cauliflower crowns
2 broccoli crowns
1 tomato
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. non dairy butter
3 tablespoons of sour cream
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. salt



1...boil the cauliflower & the broccoli until it is very tender


2...grate the zucchini very finely


3...blend in the blender the cooked broccoli, cauliflower and tomato with the milk...mix well.



4...In a large mixing bowl mix well the flour, both sugars and all the spices.



5...then pour in this large bowl the zucchini, cauliflower, tomato & broccoli mixture with the melted butter & sour cream. Mix well until the batter is smooth and creamy, then pour the batter into the  greased muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.





Enjoy... they are delicious.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


3 comments:

  1. Zucchini has always been one of my favorites! I make the bread often but never considered muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I love the addition of the other veggies- wouldn't have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the veggies! I'm going to try these. I bet they are super moist, yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...