Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies



 After my surgery I had a great desire to eat some homemade cookies, so five days after my surgery I got up from my recliner and I baked some peanut butter oatmeal cookies to satisfy my desires. It would of been a bit difficult for me if my mother wasn't here, since she gathered all my ingredients and she got mixing bowls from my lower cabinets since I am not allowed to bend over.

To make a long story short, I mixed my cookies and my mom did all the baking and cleaning for me...thanks Mom. Here is my recipe and let me tell you after not having anything to eat other than protein smoothies for the past 5 days, those cookies tasted so good. I ate 6 of them with a large glass of non dairy milk.


2 c. white flour
1-1/2 c. rolled oats
2 T. egg replacement
1/4 c. non dairy butter
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
 non dairy milk

In a large mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, then in a separate bowl melt the non dairy butter and the peanut butter together mix well and add this melted mixture to the dry ingredients and stir them well.  Add milk slowly while stirring the mixture. Once the batter has a nice cookie consistency scoop each cookie amount out with a cookie scooper for even cookies. Place each scoop on a greased cookie pan 1 inch apart because they will spread out. Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden brown around the edges. Take them out of the baking pan quickly and place them on top of your  counter tops to cool off.



These cookies are super moist and chewy.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


1 comment:

  1. C O O K I E S ! Yum! Oh, and the link to the chicpea chicken salad is on my page. On that blog post and on the right hand side. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...