Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hi Protein Pancakes


YUMMY PANCAKES!

Since I have been recuperating from my neck and spine surgery, I have had to eat soft foods. I usually do not eat pancakes very often because there is no protein value in it.  But since I have been adding tofu & white beans to the batter, I have been enjoying this wonderful breakfast meal more often.

Here is how I have been making my pancakes lately and I hope you can also enjoy them as much as I have.


1 1/2 c. pancake mix
1/2 c. of white beans
1/2 c. soft tofu


In a blender mix together the beans & tofu with 1/3 c. of water. Mix well and then slowly pour this mixture over your pancake flour. Use only the amount necessary to blend well the flour until it becomes a soft creamy pancake batter. Pour the batter over a hot griddle or pan...DO NOT USE ANY OIL OR BUTTER TO COOK THEM in.  Once the pancakes are full of bubbles on low heat turn them over until they are golden brown.  Serve them with fresh fruit with the pancake syrup of your choice.

ENJOY!  


From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


1 comment:

  1. Millie!!! {{{{hugs}}}} I've missed you!!!

    Hope you are feeling much better since surgery.

    Putting tofu and white beans in your pancake batter is so clever! I'm going to tell Livy about it...she likes pancakes but needs more protein too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...