Saturday, July 9, 2011

Caribbean Avocado Salad





There's nothing better than a great cold salad to refresh our insides on these hot Summer days.

I made this easy salad the other day in which I am planning to make it again for our next church pot luck.



Here is my recipe.

2 ripe avocados (cut in small cubes)
1 large sweet onion (sliced in thin slices)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed well)
2 large tomatoes (chopped in small pieces)
1/2  tsp. salt
1/2  tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Mix the spices with the beans, onions and tomatoes. Then after mixing them well mix in the avocados. Mix everything slowly without mushing the avocados and refrigerate it for 30 minutes before serving...Enjoy this salad with tortillas or tortilla chips. I ate mine plain...it was DELICIOSO!




P.S. I am still recuperating from my neck and spine surgery. I can't sleep with my neck brace, I am in pain and discomfort but I am trying to get up and do something like writing. I should be feeling a little  better within the next few week...I hope.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Hang in there!

    This salad looks gorgeous and so yummy! I love the addition of kidney beans, I would have never thought to add beans to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about avocados lately. The salad sounds quite delectable. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...