Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tofu Pesto Genovese



I am constantly in the kitchen trying to create many ways to eat tofu. I purchased a few weeks ago an envelope of Pasta Passion Pesto Genovese Sauce Mix. I purchased it for two reasons...1. The store had a huge basket full of them for .50 cents an envelope and no. 2 is because I love pesto. This pesto sauce was delicious and it was gluten free and with no trans fats.




 I mixed the envelope of the Pesto mix with:

1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. of extra virgin olive oil

I used:
1 pkg. extra firm tofu
10 sprigs of chopped cilantro

I then sprayed my glass baking pan with Crisco Olive Oil baking spray and then I cut the tofu into nice medium slices. I mixed well the pesto mix with the spices and the olive oil, then I poured it all over the tofu.  I then sprinkled the chopped cilantro. I baked it covered in foil for 30 minutes on 360...put the baking pan on the center rack of your oven. I then served it with some Spanish roots and plantains, steamed green beans and broccoli, adorned with some sliced avocados and cherry tomatoes. This meal was superb and very filling.

I loved it and the next day I went out and bought more of the pesto mix. 


  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds easy and yummy. Like you, I can never get enough tofu!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...