Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Honey & Oats Tofu






As you all know I am always trying to create lots of different ways to make food more appetizing. So this time I came up with a delicious mixture to dip the tofu in and then bake it. I hope you like it as much as I did.

HONEY & OATS TOFU

1 package of Tofu Grilled BBQ Flavored Steak
1/3 c. quick oats
1/3 c. wheat flour
1/3 c. honey
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 TBS. ground flaxseed
1/2 envelope of Sazom
non dairy milk

Mix all the dry ingredients together, then mix in the honey and mix in the milk slowly to create a thicker batter than a pancake batter (a bit chunky). Now slice the tofu in nice size slices like the ones in my pictures, dip each slice into the mix covering the tofu well with the batter. On a greased baking pan place the tofu and bake covered with foil for 30 to 35 minutes uncovered at 375 degrees until the tofu slices creates a nice crusty layer over the them. Serve with your favorite meal. I served mine with steamed vegetables and non dairy cheddar cheese.

EXCELLENT!






2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful creation! How creative, I bet it tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie.
    This dish resembles one I tried years ago in a little organic vegan restaurant that no longer exists - I loved them both. I look forward to trying out your recipe.
    Thanx for dropping by.
    I hope this message finds you safe, happy and healthy.
    Perry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...