Sunday, May 1, 2011

Some More Yummy Stir fry




After a very busy week and struggling to rise up every morning due to my RA disease that has finally hit its worst ever, I managed somehow to prepare some nice dinners at home.

I love veggies and I love spices so with this in mind I stir fried some of my favorite veggies and I served them over brown rice. It was a very good dinner.

In a large skillet I poured in:

3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sliced large sweet onion
4 mashed garlic cloves
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
4 sprigs of cilantro (chopped finely)
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tablespoon of non dairy vegan butter
3/4  c. vegetable broth

Veggies and items used:

1 c. black eye peas
1 c. shredded cabbage
1 c. diced extra firm tofu
1 c. VTP
1 c. finely sliced zucchini


Saute all the spices in the olive oil and butter, then add your cabbage, cook the cabbage for about 5 minutes (covered), then add all the veggies, black eye peas, tofu, VTP and the vegetable broth. Simmer everything on med. heat for 20 or 25 minutes stirring frequently and then serving it over freshly made brown rice.

You may add more salt and pepper if your taste buds are much hotter than mine.

ENJOY.

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my, Millie, I hope you get your braces soon, and they and the surgery help control the pain! What a horrible thing to experience! Lots of (gentle) hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm glad you're eating such lovely, nourishing foods to help heal your RA.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those braces are crazy! Keep up the positive attitude- you are I'm sure an inspiration to all, especially for those with RA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dish looks very comforting, and I find it amazing that you can do so much for yourself with all the pain tht you're in. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...