Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Creative Zucchini Wraps



Last week I feeling a little creative. I thought for a few days on some new dishes I could enjoy as as a side dish.  I always wanted to make some kind of a wrap but had never done so. Then the thought of using zucchini as the outer layer for the wrap and I filling it with some store bought refried beans and some Pico de Gallo sure sounded good to go with Baked Yams & Breaded Tofu.  This is how to make the...Enjoy.

Wrapping process:

Slice your zucchini the long way and slice them out not too thin nor too thick.

Spread some refried bean spread on the zucchini slices, then place the Pico de Gallo on top, sprinkle lightly some Adobo, then roll them from one end to the other securing each wrap with a toothpick and then place them on a baking pan already sprayed with a non stick spray.

Sprinkle them lightly with salt & black pepper before covering with aluminium foil, then put them in the oven for 30 minutes (375 degrees).



They were a great side dish.  I plan to prep up some wraps with some Caribbean roots and seitan. I imagine it will come out good, so stay tuned for more wraps to come. 


On the picture below the pan is ready for the oven.




These are my wraps after baking...Yummy.




From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

4 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to be doing zucchini now but yours looks special! What a wonderful idea. Thanks for the post Millie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courgettes aka zucchini are not in seasonin the U.K right now, but when they are, these morsels are the kind of food I'd like to make. Thank you for sharing Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look very good, and I bet they were tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Millie, those zucchini wraps look amazing!
    Happy belated Mother's Day, I hope you enjoyed your day with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...