Monday, March 7, 2011

Black Bean Soup with a little Latin Touch


All Copyrights Reserved


On these cold Winter months some warm hot soup is so welcoming.  I am a great sucker for any kind of soup. So when I had a desire for some great black bean soup, I thought why not give it a tropical twist. Black bean soup is always simple and black in color, but I gave it a Spanish flavor with some color and some Latin spices. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


2 cups of wheat corkscrew pasta
3 cups of freshly boiled black beans
1/4 block of tofu ( diced into small pieces
1 diced medium yellow onion
1 sazon
2 jamon envelopes
4 sprigas of cilantro (chpped finely)
4 organic mashed garlic
1/3 c. tomato soup
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
a dash of oregano
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 hand full of chopped bean sprouts
1 container of vegetable broth
1/2 cup of water

Put all your ingredients in a pot except the pasta. Once it starts to boil then add the pasta to the pot. Let it cook until the pasta is completely tender then serve it with your favorite bread or crackers.

Enjoy! 

All Copyrights Reserved


From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


3 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy and warm. There's a giveaway on my blog at the moment, you can get a chance to win the book by Melisser - The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life. Just leave a message and spread the word. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...