Friday, February 18, 2011

Pasta Salad, Steamed Veggies & Garbanzo Tempehs




I truly enjoy cooking and creating some scrumptious meals.  Last Sunday I experimented with this dish.
I made a tomato marinated pasta salad on Saturday and on Sunday I created a new mixture for my baked tempehs with garbanzo/fava flour mixed in with some spices to make it taste good. I truly enjoyed this meal, but since I am still experimenting with this pasta salad, I will post the recipe later on once I get it right.

Today I will share with you my tempehs recipe. I hope you enjoy it.



Garbanzo Flour Tempehs


1 package of original tempehs (cut in strips or triangles)

1/3 c. garbanzo/fava flour

2 T. brown sugar

1 envelope of Sazon (with culantro & achiote)

A sprinkle of kosher salt, garlic & onion powder

 
In a small mixing bowl blend together all these ingredients well and then add a small amount of water to create a thick batter. Dip the tempehs cuts into the mixture and place them on a greased baking pan.




Cover with foil and place the tempehs in the oven for 10 minutes at 365 degrees. Then uncover and bake for 10 more minutes or until crispy.

I served my tempehs with my pasta salad and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower/




From my Caribbean Kitchen to yours...SALUD!


2 comments:

  1. How creative! It looks delicious, and I would not have thought of this recipe. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Millie! That tempeh looks amazing!

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...