Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tacos or Burritos???...Take Your Pick



I think everyone in the U.S. has had tacos or burritos by now. Mexicans seems to always attracts  customers to their restaurants for a little flavor of what's cooking on the other side of the border. But since I cannot go out to eat because of food allergies, I avoid restaurants.

I was desiring some Mexican inspired food, so I settled for some homemade wheat tortillas and some fresh veggies over some vegan ground round meat.  I feel secure knowing I can eat this meal that has NO corn contamination from its cooking.



My tortilla recipe cannot be disclosed at this time because I am planning to add it to a Caribbean vegan cookbook I am putting together, but your store bought tortillas will do.

Vegan Ground Round meat recipe:

1 package of Vegan ground round

1 diced yellow onion

5 well mashed fresh garlic cloves

1/8 tsp. black pepper

1/8 tsp. red crushed peppers

1/2 c. jar Salsa

1 envelope of taco seasoning

Unite all ingredients in a skillet, simmer on low and then add your ground round to it. Stir on a medium low heat and simmer, stir a few times before preparing your taco. Check and see if you would like some salt and if you do just add gently.

On your Tacos or tortilla smear a hefty amount of refried beans, then place your meat over the beans, add a little salsa and then add lettuce tomatoes, diced onions and top it off with some vegan cheddar cheese.


ENJOY EVERYONE!

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!



4 comments:

  1. Ooh, these look great and you've got a cookbook in the works?? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Millie! :) As always.

    http://haymarket8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some huge tacos! They look delish - I make mine in a similar way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh great a caribbean vegan cookbook
    I am so excited for you but you seem to have a headstart on things already
    congrats on the book millie will be looking fwd to updates as you progress

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...