Sunday, November 28, 2010

Millie's Christmas Cookie Extravaganza...Post 9---Chocolate Chip Thumbprint Cookies



I know many of you were expecting my Guayaba Cookies from Puerto Rico but I really want to post them  before Christmas. But as you see I am still in the kitchen baking up a storm for you. Like I said before my neighbors are delighted every time I knock on their door with a plate full of cookies. 
These are my all time favorites and they are so easy to make and so delicious.


Chocolate Chip Thumbprint Cookies
by Millie



4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. melted non vegan butter
1/4 c. egg replacement
1 c. sugar
1 bag non dairy mini chocolate chips
use your favorite preserves...I used apricot & strawberry



In a large mixing bowl sift together all dry ingredients. In another bowl melt 1/2 a bag of chocolate and butter in the microwave. While its hot mix well with a beater, then mix dry and wet ingredients together, don't be scared to use your hands if needed. Once your dough is mixed well, roll it in a saran wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours. Take them out of the refrigerator and mold your dough into small balls, placing them onto a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray about 2 inches apart. With your thumb press the center to make a deep dent for your preserves. Bake for  8 minutes at 365. While cookies are still on the hot baking sheet, press in your chocolate chips all the way around the cookie. Then add your preserves.

I hate to say this but I ate 12 of them that day. They were awesome and very soft and chewy.




ENJOY!

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

3 comments:

  1. These look great! I need to strategise about how to make every single variety of cookies you have posted on this blog for christmas this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cookies! :) I have found so many cookie recipes to try here during the last few weeks, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...