Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Cookie Extravaganza...Post #5 ...Gilding Lilies


Happy Holidays
Christmas Cookie Post #5

Pumpkin Chip Cookies by Gilding Lilies





Hello everyone my name is Jennifer, and I run a business called Gilding Lilies, which features my artwork and images. I love mixed media art, photography, and being a vegan. I'm single and have a 20 year old daughter.



 
Here is my contact info:

Gilding Lilies





my blog:



I hope you all enjoy my recipe

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 sticks Earth Balance Margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 tsp powdered egg replacer
4 tbsp warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 oz. vegan chocolate chips
1 cup toasted pecans

Combine the flour, baking powder, and spice. In a separate bowl mix the margarine, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, and the vanilla, until fluffy. Combine the egg replacer and the water, once combined, add to the moist ingredients and stir. Mix the dry ingredients, moist ingredients, chips, and the pecans together. Put spoonfuls of the batter onto a greased baking sheet, and bake in a 300 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on them, they are done when firm and slightly golden brown. Pumkiny deliciousness!






Next Post Thursday Nov. 18...Hopscotch Cookies from:

 Tropical Vegan

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...Salud!

10 comments:

  1. I've never actually made pumpkin cookies before. I will try your recipe, your cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful, I'm sure you will really like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Millie, I'm so happy that my cookie recipe was part of this wonderful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, this is such a fun idea...so many delicious cookies!

    I love the sound of pumpkin and chocolate chips. And since you posted your picture, I have to comment: you're so pretty and your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pumpkin in just about everything, but I don't think I've ever had a pumpkin-chocolate combo! Sounds intriguing. I love how you tied these cookies up with a string, this photo is as sweet as your cookies! :-)

    And it's so nice to now put a face to the person behind the beautiful art, charming blog and fun emails. I agree with Rose that you're very pretty and your hair is gorgeous! You sure don't look nearly old enough to have a 20-year old daughter, and you have the most incredible blue eyes I have ever seen! Paul Newman could only have wished for eyes that stunningly blue! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for featuring yet another great-looking cookie recipe. :) With the huge amounts of frozen pumpkin puree currently filling up my freezer, I'm always delighted to find a new recipe to use it in. I'll definitely keep this to try later on - when we're out of sweet treats in the house again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely looks like a recipe I can make, and it looks yummy too. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds heavenly!

    Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin and chocolate...nice. I've never made a pumpkin cookie like this before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...