Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I "LOVE" Taco Salad






Hi Everyone....nice of you to stop by. Here in Ohio Mother Nature has been cleansing our town for 5 days straight with rain.  I love the rain. When it rains I feel inspired to write so I have been writing a lot.

  For a few months now I have also been busy in the kitchen making lots of hearty meals for my blog. My camera is full of food photographs and I am trying to post them all before the holidays, so I can delete all them and make way for new pictures. 



I love when I prepare Mexican food,  it fills me up well and It keeps me away from junk food after eating it. My taco salad recipe is very simple so I hope you like it.

1 package of vegan ground round
1 can refried beans
1 envelope of taco seasoning...your choice
diced tomatoes
shredded lettuce
1 med. yellow onion...well diced
1 chopped green pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 tsp. of salt...if needed 
 red crushed pepper...you choose how much you want
4 pieces of fresh garlic...mashed well
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 c. salsa mix
1 envelope of Sazon seasoning...with culantro & achiote

Saute all your spice in olive oil except your taco seasoning, then add your ground round with the taco seasoning, saute then add your salsa & the Sazon seasoning. Simmer everything for 10 minutes on low or until your meat and spices are all cooked well.  

On your large dinner plate smear a good hefty amount of refried beans, then put on top of the refried beans your hot meat, then garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheddar cheese and some yellow sliced peppers...serve it with some tortilla chips and non dairy sour cream.  I do not use tortilla chips since I am highly allergic to corn, I use Triscuit wheat crackers....also use some avocados to garnish your taco salad.

Enjoy. 





From my Caribbean Kitchen to yours...Salud!

4 comments:

  1. Hmm this one looks really filling! Check your email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been raining here non-stop too! First from the intense heat and now its freezing. Very strange but I am loving the peaceful sound that rain brings.
    Your taco salad looks so good and I love that you added refried beans, something that I never do. I always use Boca Burger Crumbles but this sounds much healthier and helps me stay away from the processed foods. I might have to make this for dinner next week : ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taco salad and Mexican food too! Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...