Monday, October 18, 2010

Honey Baked Vegetarian Dinner



I love to cook, especially for guests and parties. It is a joy for me to be creative with food and displaying that creativity is very pleasing. I made this dinner for a couple of friends of mine and we all enjoyed this wonderful dinner. I hope you like it too.



I first cut some wheat tortillas into medium size triangles, then I cut an eggplant into circles and after sprinkling some  Adobo & black pepper over them I paced them on top of the tortillas. I then sliced some squash and I placed it over the eggplant, I then sliced in squares some tofu and layered it over the squash. I sauteed  2 diced green peppers, 2 diced mushrooms, 1 diced yellow onions, 5 fresh mashed garlic in olive oil, I then pour some of my sauteed  mixture over the stack of veggies and I then gave them some color with some sliced cherry tomatoes.  Then I sprinkled some more black pepper, salt, I then poured some honey over all of them. I baked them uncovered at 360 degrees for 35 minutes. That's it...they were delicious. 





I served them with baked yams with butter and sour cream.

Everything was delicious!


We all enjoyed a great dinner accompanied by a large green salad of spinach leaves smothered in extra virgin olive oil & apple cider vinegar. And for dessert...a homemade carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting...yum!

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...SALUD!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds very simple to make and very yummy to eat. I love cooking for guests too. You should post your homemade cream cheese frosting recipe. I would love to know how you made it. I'll be making a carrot cake too later this week : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just about FEEL the vitamins popping off the page.

    Thanks for asking me to participate in the cookie recipe exchange. Sorry, but I can't. I'm very slammed with work and with getting ready for my stint at Paris Vegan Day next month. Can't wait to see/try all the recipes, though!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what lucky guests you had! Are they vegan too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Blessedmama... none of my friends or family members are vegans, but anyone who comes to eat at my house knows I am vegan and they will get vegan food whenever they come to eat here. I only cook non vegan food for my extended family when we unite for family reunions and any family celebration or for a funeral. But most of the time they get vegan food. I do try to preach the vegan lifestyle as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, then they should be congratulated for accepting you as you are and for trying a dish that they never had before. You're lucky too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can come cook for me anytime. sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...