Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Broccoli-Cauliflower Mash and some great news for November

Hi Everyone
 
 
It has truly been a very busy Summer here in Ohio and the Fall is even busier.  Living in a very cold Winter state requires a lot of work in preparing for the cold Winter months. From packing up the food storage with food, medicine, water & cleaning supplies to storing away the Summer clothes and taking out the Winter ones can be exhausting. us Ohioans need to clean out the yard, flower bed, cut down bushes, trim trees and insulate the house and store away everything that is used throughout the Summer that makes that time of the year fun. The car also gets its Winter maintenance done and the house gets a Fall cleaning...our work is never done when you live in a state where you are blessed with all four seasons. 

As you see by the date on my food photo you have notice that I am still posting old recipes.  I have so many of them that have not been posted on my blog. I am trying to get all of these recipes posted so I can finally clear them out of my camera. I have so much of them and this is one of those recipes that still needs to be published.

Millie's Broccoli & Cauliflower Mash


I know that most or all vegans & vegetarians have eaten or made broccoli- cauliflower mash, but for some reason I truly like my own recipe and because I like it so much I sometimes end up eating it by itself. I hope you all can enjoy it. Its easy and very tasty.

1 broccoli bunch
1 head of Cauliflower

Washed and cut both veggies in small pieces and boil them until they are very tender.

In another pot makes about 3 cups of instant mash potatoes adding to the mix:

non dairy milk
 non dairy butter & salt

Once the potatoes are done pour them into a large mixing bowl add to them 1/2 tsp. of black pepper, 2 cup of non dairy sour cream and 1/4 cup of non dairy butter...whip everything well with a mixer, then add your cooked and drained veggies to the potato mix. Mix everything well until it is all smooth. Taste your mash and check if you need more salt or pepper and if you feel it needs more, then gradually add some more to the mix, continue mixing until it is well mixed together and that's it. 

It is delicious and super easy....ENJOY  


November news!
Throughout the entire month of November some of my vegan blogger friends and I will be posting Christmas cookies for you all to enjoy on this blog. I hope you all come by again and see the great cookies that are available for you to make for your upcoming Holiday gatherings....see you soon.
From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...Salud!


3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of broccoli/cauliflower mash. It sounds really interesting and a great way to stay away from all the extra starch and carbs that comes with mashed potatoes. I am really intrigued to try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I will always tear up a potato, this looks great! I love both of these flavors and they go so well together. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie, I have NEVER had broccoli/cauliflower mash! It sounds great, though, and easy. For some reason I thought you lived in Puerto Rico - now I find out you're in Ohio! How do you find all those Puerto Rican fruits and veggies?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...