Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lasagna



I simply LOVE Italian food. Aside from my Spanish food, Italian is my second choice. I am so grateful for vegan mozzarella cheese, because when I embraced veganism I thought I was going to become a rabbit...only eating vegetables for the rest of my life. But when my daughter-in-law introduced me to all the vegan foods that were available to us.... I was thanking God for whoever came up with all these vegan cheeses. My prayers were answered. AMEN!!!!!!!

I first experienced vegan mozzarella cheese at my son's house when my daughter-in-law made a delicious Eggplant Parmesan. I though I had died and gone to heaven when I took the first bite. It was so good I had to bring some home for the next day but it didn't last until the next day....I ate it all that night....and I slept like a newborn baby....delightful.

Ever since then I have tried almost every vegan cheese flavor available but my favorite will always be mozzarella. In Matrch I made this small lasagna and I have been trying to get all of these food photos out of the camera so I can finally  delete them.

Most of you all know how to make lasagna and some of you make the best lasagna around, so I won't bore you with my recipe. One thing though... I do make my own homemade sauce. I will give you my recipe soon.



From my kitchen to yours....Salud!

4 comments:

  1. This looks great! I want to make a lasagna. I have never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm vegan mozzarella! There are not conveniently available over here, only a few health shops sell them. So whenever I buy some, they are like treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've tried lots of brands (I guess every one we've ever seen) of vegan cheese and Daiya is our favorite. I highly recommend it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie...that's the brand I buy, it is the best and it taste like real cheese.

    Lovliebutterfly...if you go on the internet...whole Foods might mail you some...try it.

    Haymarket...try my recipe its in my recipe files under pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...