Thursday, September 30, 2010

Homemade Biscuits




Bread my greatest weakness.

This is one food that makes me break every diet I have ever started.  And a few days ago I made my homemade biscuits. Its easy to make and you CANNOT EAT just one...LOL...LOL.

This is my recipe...enjoy.

1 yeast packet

2 cups of bread flour

2 c. white flour

1 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons of sugar

1 tablespoon of white vinegar

1/4 c. vegetable oil

2 Tablespoons of shortening

1/4 c. melted non dairy butter

In a small cup mix your yeast with hot water...stir and set aside.
In a large bowl mix 2 c. of bread flour, 1 c. white flour, salt and sugar...mix well then add your yeast and all your wet ingredients. Mix well and slowly add the extra cup of flour that was left over to your dough, knead well with some extra butter, if your dough is still sticky add more flour and continue kneading and adding flour as you knead....also add some more butter until your dough and fingers are no longer sticky. The butter makes your biscuits more fluffier and smoother...    then put your dough back in the bowl and let it rise for 1 hour, cover with a clean dry towel.

Once your hour is done, knead your dough for 5 more minutes. Then spray your muffin pan with Pam Spray to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Then roll out a nice ball shapes from your dough, make nice round chubby balls tucking the seam under your fingers. Place the roll with the seam on the bottom of your muffin pan. Once they are all done brush them on top with some melted butter mixed with a little non dairy milk. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.


It is so good to eat when they just come out of the oven...smeared  cream cheese or butter.

From my kitchen to yours...Salud!


6 comments:

  1. These looks amazing! I am totally going to try theses too! :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so fluffy and golden, yum! I think I will try these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could certainly eat about a dozen. Thanks for the recipe!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! your biscuits sound great!! i bet it would be hard to eat just one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice biscuits! Thanks for inviting me to your cookie showcase- I'll try to squeeze in a recipe if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To all my readers...thank you for your comments...this recipe is really good....these biscuits did not last long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...