Saturday, September 18, 2010

In Memory of My Son Sammy on His Birthday

Sammy Torres
September 21, 1974-December 28, 1989


On April 1, 1989 my youngest son Sammy was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma...cancer of the Lymph Nodes.  This next Tuesday Sept. 21 would of been Sammy's 36 Birthday and since he loved music so much...I have posted three of the songs he loved the most. These songs were also played at his funeral service.



After Sammy was diagnosed with cancer we experienced a major amount of trials.  On October of 1987 I had 3 brain surgeries, from that first surgery I went into a coma from a brain hemorrhage, 24 hours later I had a blood clot in the brain that almost killed me, 3 days before my first brain surgery I almost lost my oldest son Billy from a school football accident and he was in the hospitalized for reconstructive surgery on his elbow that was shattered in many pieces. Then the following year our marriage finally ended up in divorce and Sammy passed away 3 months later.  All of this occurred in 18 months. 

Today I dedicate this post to my baby on his Birthday.

"I'll build You a Rainbow"





This was his favorite song.

"When the Children Cry"







These two brothers  were inseparable.


Sammy was and will always be the wings beneath my wings....song #3


9 comments:

  1. Muchas bendiciónes desde España, muchos abrazos, y mucho amor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone...your love and thoughts are deeply appreciated.

    My new Sapin friend...gracias for tu carino...bendiciones pare ti tambien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never knew this about you. So sorry that it happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy was so fortunate to have been so treasured while here with you and his family. I pray today is what you want it to be - quiet, thoughtful, special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacklyn...sometimes we don't realize how much people are suffering until we hear their life story. This is just a fraction of that year, there was a lot more happening in those 18 months...but God held us through it. Love you my friend.

    Blessedmama, I deeply appreciate your love also. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful tribute to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes watching these three videos. Sorry for my lack of comments these days, I've been so busy and sometimes I realise being busy is so selfish sometimes... I believe that we ought to make every moment special and this goes for happy as well as sad times as there is something to learn in every moment. I quote from one of my favourite books - The Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman - "There are no ordinary moments".
    I wish you happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...