Thursday, September 16, 2010

Banana/Strawberry Bread & A Great Thrift Store Find




There is nothing better than bread...that's my opinion.  I may often surpass many good dishes for a piece of bread....sorry guys I just love bread; but when I made my banana bread it made me love bread even more.

I had 8 very ripe bananas and since they needed to be used, I decided to make this bread. Actually I made two of them and I sent the other one to my son's house. So here is my recipe for one loaf of bread and I hope you like it.

1 fast rise yeast packet
4 very ripe bananas
1/2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
1/4 c. non dairy butter...melted
1/4 c. non dairy sour cream
1/2 tsp. almond oil
1 & 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. bread flour
1 & 1/4 c. white flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp.white vinegar

In a cup mix 1/4 c. of hot water with the yeast...set aside

In a large bowl...mash well your 4  bananas

In a small bowl melt your butter in microwave

In bowl 3  mix well all your dry ingredients

In bowl 4...mix well all your wet ingredients

Then pour your dry ingredients into the large bowl with the bananas & strawberries, pour in your yeast and then add your wet ingredients slowly as you mix them together...once it is all mixed well...see if the dough needs some more flour . If the dough still feels sticky add slowly some flour and knead as you add the flour...add as needed. Once the dough is soft and not sticky...knead for 5 minutes. Then put the dough back into the bowl and cover with a clean dry cloth. Set your timer for 1 hour. Then knead again for 5 more minutes...put your dough on a well greased bread loaf pan...bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 360 degrees or until golden brown...do the toothpick check and if its still moist inside then insert the bread back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes...Enjoy. This bread is delicious bread with non dairy cream cheese...YES!!!! That's the ticket!


My Big Sale Item

I went to a thrift store near my house this Summer and I found this t-shirt for .50 cents. Unfortunately my grand-daughter who is animal lover and wants to be a Zoologist fell in love with it so I had to give it to her...it does look better on her then me.






What a great buy!

From My Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours....Salud!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love banana bread! I could eat it for breakfast or as a dessert after dinner. I've never thought about adding strawberries but that sounds so wonderful! Of course everyone knows that bananas and strawberries go hand in hand. What a great idea. Next time I make banana bread I will use this recipe.
    That shirt is adorable! I would wear it too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...