Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Vegan's Delight...Macaroni & Cheese, BBQ Temphas & Brussetta



There is nothing more delicious than a good hearty meal.

A few days ago I was craving some Brussetta but as I was preparing my bread I thought of macaroni & cheese. I decided to boil some pasta for the macaroni & cheese and then I realized I needed some protein to go with my meal; so I took out some temphas.  Then I made a wonderful pineapple & coconut protein smoothie. It was the best meal I had in a long time. It was so good my mother who is not vegan  loved it. We both sat and enjoyed a wonderful meal and then to top it off we had some vegan ice cream for dessert.

Concerning my back surgery, I feel great... my incisions are dried and I am walking straight with no pain and no problems sleeping anymore. I am so happy now and that I am also doing some light house work & cooking. I wish to thank so many of you who have wished me well throughout my surgery and for a speedy recovery...because your love & prayers had a lot to do with my good health and recovery...thank you.

Here is my recipe.... enjoy.

Macaroni & Cheese

1/2 box of  elbow or corkscrew wheat macaroni
1 bag of Vegan Gourmet shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 c. non dairy milk
3 T. non dairy butter
Salt, onion powder & black pepper

Boil your macaroni with some salt, when your macaroni is tender drain it and add some garlic & black pepper powder, then add the cheese, butter & milk. Mix well, set aside for 10 minutes, stir again and serve.


Sweet & Sour Temphas

1 package of temphas
Kikkoman's Sweet & Sour Sauce
Adobo

Cut your temphas in strips, flavor them lightly with Adobo then pour in some sweet & sour sauce, mix and cover well the temphas strips, then spray a baking pan with Pam baking spray, place the temphas on the baking pan and bake them for 20 minutes at 360. Serve as you wish...its also great as a party appetizer...my guest love it.




Brussetta

1 loaf of french bread ( slice in round pieces)
7 garlic clove (well mashed)
1/4 c. olive oil
Shredded Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella or cheddar cheese (I used cheddar)
(3) sliced cherry tomatoes

Smear your bread on one side only with olive oil, then on top of the olive oil add your mashed garlic, tomato slices & then sprinkle your cheese over the top of your stack of ingredients. Bake for 20 minutes at 360. Serve and enjoy. 







I am thrilled to have my new Fall  look design posted on this blog, I love it and since brown is my favorite color I think it welcomes Fall very well. Fall has always been my favorite time of the year and it is great for my RA. I love it!   Have a great Summer or what's left of it...Chow!

From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours...Salud!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the simplicity of the mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than easy recipes for hearty meals. I love them! So glad to hear you're on the mend, Millie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...