Sunday, August 8, 2010

Scrumptious Peppered Potatoes with Garlic & Herb Sausage





Scrumptious Peppered Potatoes with Sausage

For some reason potatoes is always a crowd pleaser. I always try to make many recipes with potatoes and for some reason this is always my favorite.  I am now writing quickly since I cannot sit for long on my computer chair, so here is my recipe and I hope you all may enjoy it.

5 med. Idaho potatoes
4 Torfurky Garlic & Herb Sausage (cut in small cube sizes)
2 T. olive oil
1 large green bell pepper
1 large red bell pepper
6 cloves of garlic (mashed well)
6 sprigs of cilantro (finely chopped)
1 yellow onion (1 c. finely chopped)
1/ tsp. black pepper
1/ tsp. salt
1 envelope of Sazon with Culantro & Achiote
2 T. non dairy butter
2  tsp. flour
3 T. water
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

First clean and cube your potatoes. Then in a large pot cook them until they are lightly tender...do not over cook., rinse well and set them aside. In a large skillet pour in your oil then add salt, mashed garlic, garlic powder, sliced onions, black pepper, green peppers, red peppers & sausage, then stir fry them slowly until all the peppers & onions are tender...then mix into your spices your melted butter & potatoes.

Second,  In a small cup mix water, sazon & flour. Once it is well mixed add it to the potatoes and then let it all cook together until the excess water has evaporated, leaving behind nice crispy potatoes roasted in these spices. Before serving taste your potatoes to see if they need extra salt or pepper for more flavoring.


From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours....SALUD!


Medical Update...

I am trying to overcome the achy pain that is always left behind from any surgery. I cannot sit, walk or lay flat for a long time, but I am trying to overcome the long recovery I still have ahead of me. I know that God will always see me through as He has before through as He has done before.... Thanks everyone...Have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that dish looks delicious. I could eat that for breakfast!

    I recently found your blog, and I'd like to wish you a full recovery and send my best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are recovering from surgery. Hopefully the pain will vanish very soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so hearty and satisfying! I hope you heal quickly, Millie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This Peppered Potatoes with Sausage looks awesome! Its a must-try this weekend! thanks..If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!


    I hope everything's well now and I hope you recover fast.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...