Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quick & Easy Summer Meals...Post #5......Sausage Kabobs (Pinchos)



Grilled Kabobs (Pinchos...in Spanish)....is a quick and easy dish every person enjoys no matter what nationality they are. In Puerto Rico this simple but delicious dish is a special and extremely likeable one. Throughout the island and especially on the ocean shores of San Juan you can buy kabobs freshly made with fresh seafood and fresh roots. It is also sold with an areay of other Caribbean dishes.

I made vegan kabobs a few weeks ago and they were fabulous. I used vegan sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, tofu, broccolli, onions & zucchini. I marinated my sausage and veggies over night in lots of olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, dried basil, fresh cilantro & lots of  freshly mashed garlic. Then I put them in skwers and I grilled them n my grill. They were so good  I eneded up eating 5 of them with a great fruit smootie. My son raved about them and we will be making them throughout the Summer.

Here they are before grilling.




And here they are after....YUM!!!!



From Millie's Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours....CHOW!

5 comments:

  1. Great reminder! I love kabobs and don't make them often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a good kabob! Yummy. I like what you put on them - can you bring one over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you able to find gluten-free vegan sausage? I have yet to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessedmama...I would of brought some over if we lived next door. oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Millie your kabobs look so refreshing with the bright green of the veggies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...