Thursday, July 1, 2010

Quick & Easy Summer Meals #4...Mango & Kiwi Pasta Salad



In our church we are assigned to visit a few sisters each month. This visit is to make sure all our sisters are well and to help them in any way possible. As we visit we bring to them  a spiritual message as well as any problems we can be of help to them. When I went to visit one of the sisters in my route this last month, I found her preparing a wonderful pasta salad for her family that left my mouth desiring a plate of it. Though her salad had Summer Sausage & real cheddar cheese in it, the beauty of its color and presentation was enough to drive me insane for some.  Since I started a 30 day raw diet on the 29 of June,  I had to create my pasta salad to suit this diet.

I soaked 1- 1/2 cup of whole grain corkscrew pasta over night which softened well and came out great for my salad. Then I cut finely all of these ingredients:

2 diced ripe mangos
2 diced ripe but firm kiwi
1 cup of chopped organic broccolli
1 whole fresh raw organic carrot (sliced and diced finely)
1/2 cup of finely diced red cabbage
2 diced tomatoes

Dressing
mix all ingredients together

1/2 cup of raw mango sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup oilive oil
1/2 cup raw maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

After mixing the dressing all together well, pour it over the salad ...toss well, cover with saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving. It is absolutely delicious,  very filling and so refreshing. It can also be made the day before and always toss well before serving.

From Millie's Caribbean Kitchen to Yours...Chow! 

5 comments:

  1. thank you millie, I will try this although I may add some protein-ham+boiled eggs for my adkins hubby. I love this website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie, this looks like a fantastic salad! How creative of you. I hope you are successful with your raw food month and that you feel great at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. raw mango sauce? Nice! I never thought of using something like that in a pasta salad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin...I have also made this salad with black beans in it...its fabulous.

    Blessedmama....thank you for the encouragement.

    Haymarket...I hope you make it amd enjoy it as much as I do every time I make it...actually today I made a huge glass bowl for our 4th of July family picnic tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruity pasta is a fabulous idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...