Saturday, July 17, 2010

Homemade Guacamole




Since I've been a vegan I have made my own guacamole. Every time I make it, I end up eating it constantly. But since its so low in fat and so good for you, I end up making it often.  So here's my recipe...I hope you enjoy it.


2 very ripe avocados
1 can of fat free refried beans
1 small jar of salsa -
 ( drain a little bit of the juice before adding the salsa to the mix, use any flavor you like)
3 stems of green onions (chopped very finely)
2 tomato -
 (chop 1 tomato very finely for the mix and chop 1 tomato in small diced pieces to decorate the guacamole)
2 tablespoons of tabasco sauce
3 garlic cloves (very well mashed)
1/2 tsp. salt
a dash of black pepper
1 tsp. lemon juice

In a bowl mash well the avocados, then add the lemon juice...mix them both well... then add the refried beans blend evenly, then add all the other ingredients and mix everything well. Taste it in case you want to spice it up even more. Store in the refrigerator in a tight lidded bowl. Keeps for about 4 days. 




From Millie's Caribbean Kitchen to yours.

3 comments:

  1. Millie, this guacamole looks great! I wanted to let you know that I found an omission on my recipe that you printed. I didn't list the amount of molasses needed - you'll need to use 1/2 cup. Whew! Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of putting refried beans *in* my guacamole. That is such a great idea! I'm so addicted to avocados.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never seen guac with refried beans. Gotta try it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...