Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quick & Easy Summer Meals...Post #3




Scrumptious Delight


In all the Summers dishes that can make our vegan mouths drool, there is always a great salad to unite the meal and bring a smile to our faces. A great salad is a vegan's dream, and when it is emerged in a real good dressing its even better.

I promised to post Summer dishes throughout this time of the year and I couldn't continue my Summer Delights without another great salad. This scrumptious salad is smothered in my homemade sweet & sour dressing. My dressing is simple and very good and if you like a sweet & tangy dressing, I think you'll like this one.

My salad was made with organic letteces, organic spinach, organic tomatoes, mandarian oranges, fresh farm strawberries, organic broccolli, mushrooms & red peppers.

My dressing has:

1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c.  raw maple syrup or regular syrup
a dash of salt
a dash of black pepper

Pour all the ingredients into a jar you can shake well before serving and use as much as you wish. The more the dressings sits in the jar, the better it gets. I make a gallon of it and it keeps well for about 3 months.


From My Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to Yours. 

Enjoy

4 comments:

  1. What a divine salad! Looks incredible. =)

    I'm so proud of you for taking the raw challenge. I'll be cheering you on, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I love the idea of a fruit heavy salad. It has been so hot in Atlanta that the thought of eating anything heater makes my stomach turn, this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty salad, like a rainbow! The dressing sounds amazing, I'm going to give it a try next time I make a fruity salad. I just started following your blog - the Caribbean is like my second home, and I can't wait to read more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!

    And thanks for the kind words about my two little guys. They are doing better.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...