Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade Carrot Cake



This is my carrot cake with the thick frosting....recipe found at the end of this post.

I have always loved carrot cake & ice cream, and since my daughter-in-law introduced me to Natures Bin vegan friendly carrot cake  naturesbin.com ..(they are also on the side of my blog)....I have been hooked on their carrot cake ever since and I can't get enough of it. Well one day I decided to make my own carrot cake...I shouldn't of done that because I ate the entire cake in 2 days...GUILY...GUILTY...GUILTY!!!! Sorrrrrry...but it was very good! 

In my recipe I did use dehydrated shredded carrots I had properly canned and preserved at our church cannery two years ago. This method of preserving dry food is done in our church canneries throughout the United States. All of our dry foods are presered to last from 10 to 30 years, my food storage is filled with rice, beans, oatmeal, sugar, dried onions, salt, shredded carrots, hard wheat, flour & spaghetti noodles.  If you want to know more about the way we preserve our food and why we store food for one year, just send me an email and I'll explain it to you better.
 So here is my carrot cake recipe and if you make it please let me know how it turned out and if you liked it.

Millie's Carrot Cake

3 c. whole wheat flour
2 c. dehydrated shredded carrots
1/2 c. green raisins
2 c. sugar
1/3 c. egg replacement
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 c. melted non-dairy butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1 T. salt
1 T. baking powder
3 T. white vinegar
1-1/2 c. cold Almond Breeze non-dairy milk

In a large mixing bowl mix all your dry ingredients...mix well, in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients...mix well and then add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Mix well but do not beat. Once your ingredients are well mixed pour it into a large bundt cake pan or a rectangle cake pan (9x13)...I used a flat edge bundt cake pan ( this pan does not have the bottom curve design like a regular bundt cake...the bottom is flat) and  the cake came out beautiful. Bake for 35 minutes at 360 degrees...cool well before frosting..

Here is my frosting recipe.

1. This is a thicker recipe for the frosting...
In a mixing bowl mix:

1 Vanilla pudding
1 c. powdered sugar
3 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. melted non-dairy butter...use only as much as needed

Mix together the first 5 ingredients, then slowly pour in butter as you beat the ingredients together...the more butter you pour in it will determine the consistancy you wish to use to frost your cake. For a thinning frosting consistancy to drizzle over your cake just add some watter to delute the frosting mix....drizzle the icing as you turn your cake plate. For leftovers frosting just freeze it in a tight container for another use..

This is another cake I made in which I spread the icing over my cake instead of using the drizzle effect. I liked the thinner frosting better.


From my Caribbean Vegan Kitchen to yours....Salud! 

4 comments:

  1. THank you so much for awarding me the SUNSHINE AWARD. I will be passing it out the week. And also thank you for always visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake is amazing and your recipe looks spot on! :) I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that thing about the human hair true?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...