Friday, May 28, 2010

Quick & Easy Summer Meals...Post #1, Millie's Baked Beans


Quick and easy Summer meals are on everyone's wish list when it comes to cooking dinner.  Not everyone has the time to spend hours in the kitchen like myself who is retired and has all the time in the world to cook a big meal.  Usually everyone has to work very long hours every day and to come home and cook a big meal for their families or themselves is not an enjoyable thing to do after a long day at work. With Summer right around the corner, its obvious that we all try to look for easy quick meals that are less time consuming. That's why I decided to devote my time this Summer creating meals that will keep you out of the kitchen as much as possible.  A few days ago I made these delicious baked beans that were not only full of protein but they were so sustainable that I even skipped my night snack because I was not hungry. I did add to my baked beans a small baked potato & a nice salad on the side to complete my dinner that evening. Hope you all may enjoy this quick & easy Summer dish.

Baked Beans

1/2 block of firm tofu (cut & diced in small pieces)
1 can of red Goys beans
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 of  sweet onion (diced in fine small pieces)
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. yellow mustard
1/4 c. sugar free maple syrup
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. of black pepper
2 envelopes of Jamon
 (artificial ham flavoring found in any Spanish section at your local grocery store)

In a mixing bowl mix together all these ingredients, then pour it into a med. size glass baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes at 360 degrees. Serve it with your favorite side dish or by its self...either way you have it...its very good.


Delicioso!


From my Caribbean vegan Kitchen to Yours....Salud!


4 comments:

  1. Well, I never would have thought of adding tofu to baked beans. Very creative, Millie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessedmama...I use tofu on almost everything...I need all the protein I can get.oxoxoxo

    Urban vegan....its good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubs LOVES baked beans. Maybe I can get my chef-daughter to make up a batch of these and bring them to us. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...