Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mango Chutney Vegetables Over Spaghetti


I love to try new food products I have never tried before and sometimes these products can be a hit  in my kitchen. But due to the immensive amount of food allergies I suffer from I must read the labels very carefully. This month when I went shopping I came across this Mango Chutney sauce. It sounded so good that I ended up buying it. This mango sauce was so wonderful that I went back to the store and I bought a few more jars to store in my food storage for future meals. If you have never seen my food storage photosI recommend you check them out on: http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com/

I also keep a good amount of water & medicine on hand in case of an emergency. I am very self reliant and in case of an emergency I am prepared to sustain myself for almost one year without buying any food. In this blog you will be informed on how to create your own food storage. 

But here is my mango sauce served with veggies over spaghetti. 



Here is the spaghetti dish I made with vegetables smothered in the mango sauce...delicioso!


 1 cup of chopped Broccolli
 1 c. of sliced sweet onions
1 cup & a half of shredded cabbage
1 sliced snow peas
4 fresh (mashed) garlic pieces
1 can of chick peas
1 chicken seitan
1/8 tsp. of garlic & onion powder
a pinch of red crush pepper & black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. oregano
4 leaves of fresh basil (finely chopped) or 1/8 tsp. dried basil
3 tablespoons of olive oil mixed
 1/3 c. of  shredded chicken seitan 
 1/3 c. mango sauce


Cook your wheat spaghetti noodles and set aside drained and drizzled in oilve oil. In a nice large non stick skillet saute sliced sweet onions & your fresh mashed garlic, then add the shredded cabbage, chopped broccolli , chick peas, snow peas & the shredded chicken seitan, Add garlic, onion, powder, black pepper, red crush peppers, oregano, fresh basil (chopped finely) & salt. Saute  then add the seitan juice mixed with the mango sauce and simmer it for about 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat. Serve these veggies over spaghetti or over the pasta of your choice. Then pour a bit more of the mango sauce over the dish for extra flavoring. It was so good I had a second serving.


From my kitchen to yours!
CHOW!


3 comments:

  1. Whew, that looks good, girl! I'm going to check out your other blog on food storage. I love preparing for emergencies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous! I never thought of putting mango chutney on pasta. Love that idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...