Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Millie"s Cranberry Pumpkin Cake



Right before I had my rotater cuff surgery on March 4, I baked two of these Cranberry Pumpkin Cakes. I kept one of them for myself and I gave the other one to my son and his family. My son told me a few days later that my daughter in law almost ate the entire cake all by herself, because it was so good.

So here is my recipe for this delicious cake and I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did.

2-1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. dried cranberries
2 c. sugar
1-3/4 c. pumpkin puree' (15 oz. can)
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

In a large mixing bowl mix together flour,spice,baking powder, sugar & salt; then in another mixing bowl mix well the pumpkin puree & oil, then pour these wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, add dried cranberries & walnuts, mix all ingredients well. Then pour the mixed ingredients into a bundt cake pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 to 55 minutes. Let it cool inside the bundt pan about 20 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan and place it on a cake dish. It is wonderful if you serve it with a few scoops of non-dairy vanilla ice cream.

IT IS SOOOOO GOOD...ENJOY!!!!!

Medical Update

I got my stitches out today and I was so happy to hear that I don't have to wear my arm sling anymore and to top it off ...I could drive again. YAY!!!  I felt like a bird that had just been led out of her cage.

I started therapy last week but as of today my shoulder is still very sore, so I guess it will take some time for my rotater cuff to heal...I'll continue to baby it some more. I wish to thank everyone out there who prayed for me, your prayers were heard. Thank you! 

Millie's Caribbean Vegan Cuisine  

5 comments:

  1. That cake sounds delicious and easy to make. I'll have to try it. Hope your recovery is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks absolutely delicious, Millie! I look forward to trying it.

    I know you are vegan for health reasons, but I hope you are also enjoying the contribution your food choices are making towards a greener, more sustainable, more compassionate planet.

    ॐ In love and light, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks delicious. =)

    Thank you for asking if I'm okay on my blog. I'm doing well. We're just on vacation and I haven't had time to blog. But, we'll be back to our regular schedule on Monday.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your comment on my blog - yes, those symptoms are normal detox symptoms. They will go away after about 2 weeks. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That is some cake! Looks absolutely delicious! I have never actually made any pumpkin cake up to now, I think I'm missing out looking at your recipe here! I will definitely try this! It's great that you are getting better. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...