Saturday, March 20, 2010

Easy Guayaba "Guava" Cookies


Cookies are my down fall...and not being able to prepare real Guava jelly on time for my cookies made me feel aweful because I am used to making everything homemade.  I settled for Goya paste and eventhough they came out good, the real homemade jam is better.  I made these cookies when my sugar cravings were on high volume, I enjoyed them with some good cold non dairy milk one night while watching American Idol. It was a good thing I did because the show was super boring that night. I will post these cookies again in the future when I can use both hands to make my guava jam from scratch.



Millie's Cookie Dough Recipe

1-2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. non dairy butter (softened)

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, then knead dough on a floured surface. Roll out a small piece at a time with a rolling pin and with a circular cookie cutter (I used the top of a spice bottle for smaller cookies...you can use the rim of a glass for bigger cookies) just like the photo below.


Then place your circular cutouts on a greased baking tray, like the photo below.


Then cut out your Goya Guava Paste and place it on the top of each cookie, then place another layer of cookie dough cut outs on top of it, just like the photos below. If you make large cookies (with a glass rim) you may have to prep another batch of cookie dough. 



Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375.
Makes 14 to 16 cookies.

ENJOY!


Millie's Caribbean Vegan Cuisine

1 comment:

  1. Yummy cookies. I look forward to the recipe when you make the filling from scratch. I bet it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...