Friday, February 26, 2010

Pasta Soup & Medical Update

For the past 20 years I have been suffering with a dreadful pain on my neck, left shoulder & lower back after a car accident I had in 1990. After so many years of going from one doctor to the next, my new Orthopedic Surgeon found out why I have been hurting so bad. When I had the accident, the truck that hit me on my passenger side ended up throwing my body towards my driver door. As this occurred my left shoulder crushed the shoulder socket into my clavicle bone which then crushed itself into my spine (upper neck area). My lower back was also thrown towards the door damaging my hip. At the time the doctors did not find anything wrong but through the years the pain eventually flared up and now I am in a dreadful pain & in tears.

My Orthopedic surgeon will operate on my shoulder next Thursday March 4,. He will fix my shoulder by putting it back in its proper place, he will also clean out all the arthritis spores that has clustered around the entire shoulder joint, fixing also my rotator cuff. Then once this heals I will then need to have my 3, 4, 5, 6, spinal vertebrate clean out of all the arthritis, he will then install cadaver bones in between those 4 vertebrate bones infusing them in place with metal clamps. Then after I heal from that second surgery I will need to have another surgery to removed the pinched nerve on my lower back. When it rains it pours but my faith shall carry me through once again. Even though I am in pain, I am busy making many dishes to keep my blog updated as I recuperate. Please bare with me and I will keep you posted on my outcome. In the meanwhile enjoy this delicious pasta soup.

God Bless.

IMGP0210

There is nothing better than a good bowl of soup on a cold snowy day. I was so cold this last week that I was inspired to make some good soup…filled with garbanzos, broccoli & Italian pasta bit mixed with Orzo pasta noodles. It was great and it warm my cold body.

2 c. broccoli…chopped in small pieces

1 can of garbanzos

1 envelope of sazon

2 envelopes of Jamon

1/2 can tomato sauce

1/8 tsp. of black pepper, dried oregano & dried basil

1/2 tsp. garlic & onion powder

1.8 tsp. salt

1/4 c. Italian pasta bits

1/4 c. Orzo Tri-Color pasta (ingredients in jar are: 100% semolina sundried tomatoes, spinach, & plain)

1/2 c. chopped finely firm tofu

1 med. chopped yellow onion

4 sprigs of cilantro chopped well in small pieces

and a small pinch of dried red crushed peppers

Place all ingredients into a pot except the pasta. After the water is hot then add the pasta. Taste for any additional ingredients you may want to add for more flavor and boil until noodles are tender.

This soup was very good especially with my homemade wheat dinner rolls. Enjoy!

Millie’s Vegan Cuisine

1 comment:

  1. Millie,

    I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{hugs}}} So much for your body to go through. I'm deeply sorry you've had to live so long with so much pain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...