Saturday, February 13, 2010

Millie's Homemade Apple & Oats Protein Bars

Hmmmm! Yummy bars!

I love protein bars, but they sure can be very expensive. I thought very carefully on what ingredients I should use to make my very own protein bars. So after carefully sleeping on it for several days I did it. I made my own protein bars and now I won't have to spend all that money, plus its ingredients I know that are good for me. So here is my recipe and I hope you can enjoy them as much as I am right now.
4 cups quick oats
4 cups diced Gala apples
2 c. wheat flour
4 scoops of protein powder
1/2 c. whipped tofu (whipped in blender)
1/2 c. melted non dairy butter
2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground flax seed
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pure honey
1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. powdered cloves
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. mixed nuts
(slivered almonds, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds & crushed honey roasted nuts)
In a bowl mix all dried ingredients then melt butter, and pour it into the blender with the tofu & honey. Whip well and pour it into over dry ingredients, mix well...if it still seems dry to you just add more melted butter, but keep the mixture a little dry...do not make your mixture too soft. Mix well and then compress mixture into a greased baking pan. Bake at 370 until golden brown. Let it cool completely before cutting it into the size you want. Also you can add some raisins if you like. Enjoy...they were great with a cold glass of non dairy rice milk. Store at night in the refrigerator.
Compressed mixture before baking should look like this.
Millie's Caribbean Vegan Cuisine

2 comments:

  1. Millie, these look great! Good for you! I love making convenience foods at home. Feels great to know exactly what is in them and to save some $. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie,

    Stop by my blog. There is an award for you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...