Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls Dipped in Chocolate

At our church Relief Society Christmas dinner, I wanted to take a dessert everyone would enjoy. I made these Peanut Butter Balls dipped in chocolate which have always been a hit at every party I have taken them to. This dessert went like hot cakes and there were no leftovers. These peanut butter balls are very easy to make, unfortunately I cannot eat them because confectionery sugar contains corn starch and I am very highly allergic to any type of corn derivative.
But even though I could not eat them, it does not mean you can't have the recipe. Enjoy them...I heard they are divine and remember you cannot have just one.

Chocolate....Yum!



Peanut Butter Balls

1 jar peanut butter
1/2 c. non dairy butter
3 c. confectionery sugar
5 dozen miniature pretzels twist
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

In a mixing bowl beat both butters together until smooth. Then beat in slowly the confectionery sugar until the mixture is combined evenly. Shape each ball into a 1 inch size (A little smaller than a golf ball), place them on a large platter or stack them in a bowl and refrigerate them for about an hour before dipping them into the chocolate.

In another bowl pour your non dairy chocolate chips with the vegetable oil...place them in the microwave and stir a few times until they are completely melted. Once the the peanut butter balls are firm dip a small corner to glue them onto the twisted pretzel. Then dip the other side into the melted chocolate...like my photos. Refrigerate them until 30 minutes before serving. Makes about 5 dozen (around 90 balls).
Millie's Vegan Cuisine Kitchen

6 comments:

  1. Oh my...all your raw food look so appetizing. I have been eating a lot more raw food because of you. Thanks.

    http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a peanut butter ball recipe as well. Yours is very different. I love that people can interpret the same ideas in such different ways and they all some out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! Could you make them corn-free by whizzing your own confectionary sugar up? If you have a food processor you can mix regular sugar with another kind of starch, maybe tapioca or potato starch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Theresa...I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your spicy foods look so delicious! I'll be sure to drop in often and see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...