Friday, January 22, 2010

Millie's Mexican Cookie Drops


I am always trying to come up with a way to get as much protein as I can. So I came up with these Mexican Cookie Drops that are not only good for you but they will also be a good for your children. These cookies provide a great source of protein because they are made with fat free refried beans, tofu & avocado. I hope you all may enjoy this healthy dessert as much as I did. If you like a lot of texture in your cookies just add a cup of quick oats to firm the dough up with a chewy taste.



Millie’s Mexican Cookie Drops

½ c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. almond oil
½ c. non dairy cream cheese
½ can fat free refried beans
1 ripe-mashed avocado
1/4 c. of soft tofu
½ c. melted non dairy butter

In a large bowl mix both sugars, flour & salt together. In your blender mix tofu, avocado & all sweet spices, then pour this mixture into another bowl, mix in beans & butter and stir well, add this mixture to the floured bowl making sure the recipe is mixed well. In a greased cookie pan drop cookie mix with a large spoon like dropping dumplings in boiling water. Bake for about 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown at 325 degrees. They end up looking like figs.

Cool & serve.
Makes about 2 dozen

Millie’s Caribbean Vegan Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. I love to use beans for fat in dessert recipes so this recipe looks really really good to me!

    Thanks for letting me know about your success on the raw foods detox diet - congratulations! I think I may do it again in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do it once a month. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...