Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chicken Cutlets & Ripe Plantain Bananas Smothered in Red Wine Vinegar & Pepperes







This meal is not only flavorful but it is very filling when it is severed over wheat noodles, brown rice or mash potatoes. I used meatless chicken cutlets, cut them in chunks and stir them up in a skillet with riped plantain bananas. Garnished it with a zesty spinach salad and croutons...it was delicious.


1 pkg. meatless chicken cutlets or chicken strips

2 Ripe Plantain Bananas

1 medium onion (sliced or chopped)

2 red peppers (cut in thin slices, diced or chopped)

1 green peppers (cut in thin slices, diced or chopped)

1/8 tsp. oregano

1/8 tsp. basil

1/8 tsp. black pepper

1 or 2 tablespoons of Sofrito (Recipe on file)

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 envelope of Sazon (Purchase at any Spanish Grocery Store...picture below)

1 envelope of Jamon (Purchase at any Spanish Grocery Store...picture below)

1/8 teaspoon of red crushed peppers

1/3 c. vegetable broth mixed with 1 tablespoon of flour

1/4 c. of red wine vinegar

Note: Peel and simmer Plantain Bananas with an 1/8 of a teaspoon of salt in water for 10 minutes or until tender.

In a skillet saute olive oil, sofrito and green & red peppers. Add red crushed peppers and onions. Saute in low heat. Then add to the mix the remaining ingredients except red wine vinegar and vegetable broth. Saute slowly, then add plantains & chicken. Add vegetable broth mixed with flour and red wine vinegar. Simmer until broth becomes a gravy consistency. Serve over brown rice, wheat noodles or mash potatoes. Enjoy! Serves 2 to 4 people.


Items used:






2 comments:

  1. Millie-This meal sounds so good. I love plantains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie thanks for stopping on my site mouthwatering vegan delights. I closed down this site a month ago but I have a new one now with more Caribbean treats. Your testimony to vegan food was very heart felt and I am very happy that it helped you so much. Your dish is lovely . I can try it sans the spanish spices next week because I do not have access to them. Feel free to visit my new blog.
    http://caribbeanvegan.wordpress.com/
    I will add you to my blogroll so I can read your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...