Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to the beginning of your new life.
This blog is still under construction. Please bear with me as I prepare this blog for your delight. Invite all your friends to join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
As you come to my dining table, always remember only Vegan-Vegetarian meals will be served. Once you leave my table I suggest you watch everything you eat. Pot lucks and restaurants are great, but be careful and ask what ingredients are in the food? Look out for meats and no dairy. Stay away from them. Say no to that delicious pie Aunt Sue made. Eat fruit instead or take your own dairy free ice cream or desserts to your next gathering. I do it all the time. Your good choices will help you in the long run.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to cook all my vegan vegetarian recipes. Copy and save for your grocery shopping.
*Fresh cilantro, parsley, basil & rosemary
*Black pepper & salt
*Green, yellow & red peppers
*Sweet spices...all kinds
*fresh garlic
*Adobo...Goys brand...with pepper added...red top on bottle
*Sazon...with culantro & achiote
*Jamon...found next to the Adobo & Sazon flavoring (this ingredient has a pork picture on the box...but no meat is in this ingredient. It only gives you a ham flavoring that's all...artificially flavorings only)...these ingredients are found mainly in any Spanish grocery aisle.
*Olive oil
*Kikoman's sweet & sour sauce
*Soy sauce
*Humus
*Vegetable or canola oil
*Red wine, apple cider, & white vinegar
*Brown rice
*Wheat pasta
*Grains of all kinds & lentils
*Vegetables...all kinds
*Fruits of all kinds
*Variety of Latin roots from Puerto Rico
*Boca Burgers
*Vegan Chicken & Vegan Ground Meat
*Vegan Cheeses (all kinds)
*Vegetable Broth
* And my sofrito
Vegetarian Protein Powder and many more.
Here is my recipe for my sofrito. This ingredient is crucial in Latin cooking. You will need to make a batch of it and it can be frozen for a year or it will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 months. Recipe can be doubled or tripled for freezing.
Sofrito
3 large yellow onions
2 large whole garlic cloves
2 red peppers
2 green peppers
1 stalk (bunch) of cilantro
The ingredients listed are essential in my meals.
Clean well all ingredients. Put all ingredients in the food processor or blender and mix well, store in well tight bowl, glass jar or freeze inside ice cube trays covered with cling wrap for easy use.
Recipes will begin on April 1st.
Until then...your hostess...Millie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting on my blog! I'll be looking forward to your recipes; I'm always searching for new, yummy vegan meals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...